Sunday, March 14, 2010

Heartburn

I know I have expressed my love of Nora Ephron before. Nonetheless, I must do it once again. I just recently finished reading her book, Heartburn. I picked it up and could not put it down. I just love Nora's witty, conversational style of writing. Her ability to turn a negative situation into an amusing and entertaining story is a true talent. I found myself literally laughing out loud at the depiction of Rachel Samstat and her deteriorating marriage (which, I know, doesn't sound the least bit funny).



After reading the book, I rented the movie version of Heartburn (1986 Mike Nichols film starring Meryl Streep and Jack Nicholson). Although the movie is worth viewing, I found the book much more entertaining. If you're looking to add a book to your reading list, I would highly recommend it!





(Images via trashionista.com and moviefone.com)

No comments: