Monday, March 8, 2010

Oscar Night

Last night, my sister and I had the opportunity to attend Oscar Night America at the Paramount Theater thanks to my lovely boss at the magazine. We dressed up as if we were going to prom and then walked the mini red carpet, took a picture in front of a huge image of an Academy Award, sampled delicious treats, and sipped lots of wine. We got to watch the 82nd Academy Awards on a large HD screen in the ridiculously beautiful Paramount Theater. It was a great way to watch the Oscars and made me feel just a wee bit fancy.



In terms of the Oscars, I thought the ceremony ran a bit long. I adore Steve Martin and Alec Baldwin as a pair but I don't think we saw enough of them as hosts. My favorite ladies of the night were Meryl Streep, Sandra Bullock, Carey Mulligan, and Maggie Gyllenhaal. Nonetheless, I thought there were more horribly dressed women in attendance than there were divinely dressed ones (hello, Sarah Jessica Parker and Charlize Theron?!). I most enjoyed Sandra Bullock's acceptance speech and the tribute to the beloved John Hughes.







Images via www.oscar.go.com

No comments: