Saturday, January 2, 2010

What a day!

I left the house this morning intending to go to two furniture stores - one local store and an IKEA that's about two hours away. I came back this evening with a couch, two end tables, a coffee table, a TV stand, and various other random household goods. I thank God for my fantastic mother who is nice enough to help me furnish the apartment. The local store was wonderful (a little old man offered us Coca Cola in a glass bottle, presented me with a free lamp after my couch purchase, and called me "sweet lady"). I must say that IKEA is exhausting. Between all of the people scurrying around in competition for various pieces of furniture and the screaming children who just want to go home, I could hardly get through the store. It is so good to be home and especially good to know that I finally have plenty of stuff for the apartment. Now I face the task of getting it all in there, assembled, and put into place. What an exhausting time! I can't wait until I can just relax. My visit to IKEA reminded me of this scene from (500) Days of Summer:



Just so you know, my experience was nothing like this.

No comments: