Tuesday, May 11, 2010

Saying Goodbye

Well, my time as an undergrad has expired. I am officially done with all of my classes and there are just 12 days left until I graduate from UVA. The last few weeks have been a whirlwind of emotions. It feels overwhelming to be entering a new chapter in my life (that is still unclear). Thinking about completing school - something I've been working toward for years - makes me feel happy, nervous, excited, etc. all at once.



Moving forward. Moving on. Moving away. Everything is so open. I've been thinking a lot about the past and it makes me melancholy for how fleeting it all is. It's a very strange sensation to be in this transition. I never thought it would get here. Now that it has arrived, I find myself not quite sure how to react.



(Image of UVA graduation 1947 courtesy of LIFE)

No comments: