Monday, January 18, 2010

When the Going Gets Rough

Sorry for falling off the face of the earth. Obviously, I didn't get through my 31-day blogging goal. I was so close but I lost internet access at my apartment, which made it impossible for me to blog. I am sad about not being able to complete the 31 days. Maybe I'll just incorporate it more into my routine instead of forcing myself to stick to a plan like that. Nonetheless, I do think one of my flaws is my poor follow-through. I hope to work on that in 2010. I do need to set goals and see to it that I stick to them.

It was rather strange to be without internet. I can't believe how much of my routine involves hopping on the computer to check email, read blogs, etc. I do get a lot of inspiration from reading what other people put out there. At the same time, I think it's easy for me to waste time on the computer. I'd like to work on that too.

I've had a hard time getting adjusted to the apartment. It's finally starting to feel more comfortable but it does not feel like home. I don't know what I was expecting but I was startled when I couldn't just settle in. I'm hoping that things continue to improve. It's just a big change that it is more challenging than I anticipated.

I think this week will be better. Classes resume on Wednesday, which means that I'll go back to being a busy bee. Clearly, I need to be busy in order to feel normal. Things just don't feel right unless I have twenty things on my to-do list.

It's hard to feel bad for yourself when horrible things are happening in the world. Massive tragedies have a way of putting things in perspective. If only disasters such as the earthquake in Haiti did not have to occur. My heart goes out to the people of Haiti. I pray that some sort of relief will come soon to the people suffering from this tragedy.

No comments: