Friday, December 11, 2009

The Triumphant Return

What do you do when you're feeling really uninspired?

I'd love to know, as I've felt that way for the last couple of months (perhaps that's why I've let my regular posting fall by the wayside?). I have felt drained and like I have nothing of significance to say. Do you ever get that way? Maybe it's because the weather is getting colder, the days are shorter, and school just won't end (except that I'm only three exams away from the end of my second to last undergrad semester). I know that it's a selfish kind of sadness, but I just can't help it.

I'd like to kick my butt in gear and knock myself out of this funk by borrowing an idea from someone else (someone in the blogosphere, not sure who): I'm going to try to write something everyday for a month. 31 days.

This counts as one. Just to be clear.

So, I'm back. Again. Good tidings to you are in order. Can you believe it's already December? We're approaching a new month, a new year, a new decade. Already. Time passes way too quickly. In the midst of the Christmas shopping hubbub, I'm hoping to slooooow dooooown and appreciate one of my absolute favorite times of year.

My favorite things about this time of year:
-lights cover things that are generally not covered in lights - trees, bushes, porches, etc.
-snow! (we've had snow BEFORE Christmas for the first time in years)
-my mother breaks out her holiday sweaters and socks and wears them well into January (one of the most endearing things about her)
-gift giving reaches new heights (I find shopping for others more satisfying than shopping for myself)
-I don't seem weird for only ordering hot chocolate at Starbucks
-fun Christmas lists fill the pages of magazines and are featured on blogs (a la A Cup of Jo)
-it's the time of resolutions, new beginnings, showing your appreciation for others, and spending time with the people you love most

See you here tomorrow.

No comments: