Saturday, December 19, 2009

Survey Time!

Well, we're officially snowed in with about twenty inches of snow and counting. Chance and I ventured out into the snow to make some snow angels and throw clumps of snow at each other (it's too soft for real snowball fights). For the most part, we've been cooped up inside watching the local meteorologist freak out about "crushing the records" for the most snowfall for a Virginia December and some bad Lifetime movies Christmas style.



Getting snowed-in can make you feel a bit stir crazy. Thus, a survey:

What’s your current obsession?
Christmas. Thinking about the new apartment (did I mention I’m moving at the beginning of January?)

What’s your weirdest obsession?
I suppose my magazine obsession is a little weird – it can be rather costly.

What are you wearing today?
Comfy pajama pants and a sweater. The essential snowed-in outfit.

Why is today special?
Because it breaks the record of total snowfall in Virginia. It’s the first day Chance and I played in the snow together.

What would you like to learn to do?
Cook, knit, and various other domestic activities that I do not do.

What’s the last thing you bought?
Christmas gifts for my mom and Chance.

What are you listening to right now?
Serendipity. An appropriately cheesy movie.

What’s your favorite weather?
I love the first warm days of spring. They’re shockingly refreshing. Snow feels more magical than any other weather though, so I love it too.

What’s your most challenging goal right now?
Finish Christmas shopping, wrapping, cleaning, and packing up all my stuff prior to Christmas

What do you think about the person who tagged you?
I wasn’t tagged. I happened to find this on a gorgeous blog that I just discovered today, Sweet Fine Day.

If you could have a house totally paid for, fully furnished anywhere in the world, where would you like it to be?
I’d either like a farm in the country or a spacious apartment in the NYC’s West Village.

Favorite vacation spot?
My favorite places to go: New York City, Savannah, New Orleans, Munich.

What would you like to have in your hands right now?
A warm cup of hot chocolate and some popcorn.

What would you like to get rid of?
Just a little bit of snow so I can actually get out for some food!

If you could go anywhere in the world for the next hour, where would you go?
London, to see it sparkle at Christmas.

Which language do you want to learn?
I’d like to refresh my German.

What super power would you like to possess?
I’d like to be able to travel and get things done at warp speed.

What’s your favorite thing about the city you live in?
I love seeing the mountains. I love that we have a lot of fun stuff to do but we still have a small town atmosphere.

What’s your favorite piece of clothing in your own closet?
Jean skirt. Simple, comfortable, wearable with anything.

What’s your dream job?
Editor for a great magazine, children’s book writer, and co-owner of a cafĂ©/bookstore with my best friend.

If you had $150 now what would you spend it on?
House wares.

Do you admire anyone’s style?
Yes - I love Zooey Deschanel, Maggie Gyllenhaal, and Drew Barrymore.

Describe your personal style.
Simple. I adhere to the less-is-more philosophy.

Who’s fashion show would you want tickets to?
Stella McCartney.

Who’s closet would you want to raid?
Zooey Deschanel’s for sure.

What are you most proud of?
That I’m actually starting to achieve goals that I’ve set myself (especially the fact that I’m able to write for a magazine right now)

No comments: