Thursday, December 17, 2009

Christmas Time in the Country

A celebration is in order because I officially started my Winter Break at about 3:45 this morning. I feel as if a huge weight has been lifted off my shoulders. Now, it's Christmas decorating, shopping, and wrapping around the clock.

My lovely friend Alison has already spread the Christmas cheer by bestowing lovely gifts upon me today. Not only does she make the best salad-and-bread combo but she knows exactly what gifts will fill my heart with joy.

(Image courtesy of http://www.creativelydifferentblinds.com/)

Beatrix Potter never gets old for me. I don't care how old I get or how many books I read, I don't think I'll ever like any author as much as Beatrix Potter. The Tale of Little Pig Robinson is shockingly one I have not read. Illustrations of pigs in proper little outfits. What could be better?

(Image copyright Sharon Montrose)

Sharon Montrose's
animal prints are so gorgeous. Alison knows that I have a weird love of cute animal butts, so this could not be more suitable. It will adorn my walls very soon.

I absolutely adore winter days.

No comments: