Thursday, June 18, 2009

Today was the first sunny day we've had in a while. I went to lunch with Alison and talked about fun things. She gave me a book, Miss Rumphius, that she used to read when she was little. I love it. I used to want to be a children's librarian, which I have recently reconsidered (I'm not very good at being quiet), but I still love love love children's books. I'm always looking for new books to add to my ever growing collection.



After lunch, I was feeling good and decided to take a walk. I watched cardinals sing and listened to a creek babbling along. I came home panting and beet red. It was really hot today. I'm not complaining. I hope this is "goodbye" to rain and "hello" to hot, sunny days.

Oh, and my internship is still going really well. Layout is severely intimidating, so I won't be touching that for a long time. My boss, however, allowed me to go into the official layout so that my first experience with that would be putting my own name into the magazine. My name is now in the masthead (there's some magazine lingo for you), which made me rather giddy.

No comments: